No. 193/4/IV/2019(Research Assistant)
The Election Commission of India invites applications to engage 02 eligible candidates as Research Associate (Accounts) for a period of one (01) year from the date of engagement, purely on contract basis.
1. Job and Role Description
To assist the Election Expenditure Policy Section (EEPS) with relation to the following functions:-
Analysis of Audited Annual Accounts filed by political parties to check for adherence to accounting standards laid down by ICAI;
Review of part and full Expenditure Statements filed by political parties and candidates and to capture details of trends of expenditure.
Analysis of details of assets and liabilities filed by candidates in Form 26 at the time of nomination;
Analysis of Contribution Reports filed by political parties and Annual Accounts filed by electoral trusts;
Documentation of findings and creation of new documents for dissemination of information to the public;
Preparation of detailed policy and procedural documents regarding reporting by political parties and candidates;
Preparation of reports on international best practices pertaining to auditing of accounts of political parties and candidates; and
Any other work assigned by DG (Expenditure), Election Commission of India.
2. Essential Educational Qualification:-
The Applicant must be a graduate in Accounts or a Chartered Accountant (as on the date of appearing in the interview) from any School/College/University/Institution established by law in India.
3. Work Experience / Professional Requirements:-
The Candidate should have working knowledge of electoral systems, election law and election expenditure regulation policy and procedures;
At least 4 years of relevant work experience in auditing of accounts/advisory services pertaining to audit;
Prior work experience in a government department or independent regulatory commission is desirable;
Excellent communication and presentation skills;
Proven ability to produce reports of highest academic quality; and
Proven ability to work and coordinate with different divisions and work as a team player.
4. Salary and Allowance:- Remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per month and a fixed transport allowance of Rs. 12,000/- per month will be admissible to Research Associate(Accounts). No other allowances of any kind will be admissible.
5. Mode of engagement:-
The candidates will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of academic qualification, work experience in relevant field e.t.c. Those short-listed will be interviewed to ascertain their suitability.
The engagement will be purely on contract basis initially for one year subject to further renewal of the contract and shall be subject to satisfactory performance of duties. However, the Commission reserves the right to curtail the period of engagement or terminate the contract at any point of time without any notice.
It is made clear that the above position needs full time engagement but it will not confer any right on the selected candidate to claim regular appointment in the Commission.
6. Last date of submission of the application 05th December, 2019, at 5:00 PM either by post or by email at email@example.com in the form attached at Annexure (A). Incomplete applications or any application received after last date and time will be summarily rejected.
7. Interview:- List of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be put on the ECI website (www.eci.gov.in). Only these candidates will be allowed to appear in the interview. The date of interview will be notified and intimated later on.